Monday, October 25, 2010

Last Few Days

Sunday:
I played VERY hungover in our first game but fortunately people were able to pick up the slack for me and rolled through our first game. Next game would be the semi-finals in which we would lose to Shippensburg. The quality of our team play really worried me but I think that practice and asserting myself more will help fix this. I truly think that I asserted myself as the most dominant player on our team, if not at the tournament in this game. I played lock down defense, stifling both cutters and handlers. And I ran the offense nearly every other throw went through me on some points, I never had issues getting open, I could simply cut at will. But at the end of the 13-8 loss I was beat to hell having played all but 2 points. So in short I need to work on my cardiovascular abilities since I'm probably going to have to take over games like that a lot for the majority my college ultimate career. My general feeling about the weekend is that we need to be much better, right now we're not very good, we need to get better.

Saturday:
No real competition was the story of saturday, every team we played sucked dick so we rolled through our pool, the Alumni were fun to play but I've never played a worse game of ultimate. Last week of August pick up is better than that game. But to bring out the positives of saturday we showed that we're an athletic team that has a lot of potential once we start practicing for real (note to self to get fields for thursday night practices).

Last Friday:
Practice, did some sprints during it. But overall I think it was a good practice I was working hard but as always having the B-teamers around really lowers the intensity and quality of the practice. But I think that the practice was productive in the run up to the tournament.

Last Thursday:
Power Cleans 3x6 @70
Squat 3x6 @185
DB Lunges 3x6 @100
Single Leg Calf Raises 3x6 @145
Chest Press 3x6 @150
Double Pully Lat Pulldown 3x6 @70
Shoulder Press 3x6 @70
Paintbrushes 3x12 @12 each arm
Runners 3x12 @7.5 each arm
Crunches 3x20 @110

It felt good being back at the old weight

~continue to outwork~

No comments:

Post a Comment